Get involved with the Garden of Hope!
- Community Garden Space - Garden space is available for use for any of our neighbors. All we ask of gardeners and farmers is that they be willing to share their surplus with area food pantries and meals programs, as well as with each other and those known to be in need.
- Farming Program - In partnership with Feed Iowa First, New Disciples…
Below are all the news items from our most recent newsletter.
Click here for a printable copy of birthdays and anniversaries. 02-2020 Calendar
Click here for a printable copy of the newsletter. 02-2020 Newsletter
Read More »
There are so many ways to get involved at New Disciples! Everyone, including you, can find your place to share God's love and serve! Opportunities posted below, as well as on each ministry page. Be sure to check out ways to serve our neighbors as well!
We have small groups that meet on a regular basis for prayer, Bible study, group discussion, a shared meal, team activity, or service projects. A new Disciple Group can be started by any member of the congregation if they are able to find at least two other people who have interest in the group. Groups meet both at the church and in people’s homes. Reoccurring groups include…Read More »
Prayer ministry is an aspect of church life that we are still learning how to do. Join us in this adventure as we recognize that God invites us into conversation and uses prayer to transform lives. Current prayer ministry includes:
- African-style intercessory prayer – a program of prayer that flows from praise and thanksgiving to confession to the making of requests and back to…
From the youngest members to those who are retired, from those we see each Sunday to home-bound members, we have wonderful age-based ministries!Read More »
Express yourself or take in the wonders of the work of artists through our music and drama offerings!Read More »
Our New Disciples community is woven into the greater Cedar Rapids community. There are many ways to be involved!Read More »
- Baby Dedication –Parents are invited to make a commitment in front of the church to raise their child in Christian Community. The congregation responds by committing to walk-beside the parents in doing so. And together we pray for the child, asking for God’s blessing and protection.
- Baptism – We baptize by immersion those who choose to identify with Jesus Christ. We also …
At camp people encounter God in new and life-changing ways. People of all ages are invited to attend camps, retreats, and gathering at our Christian Conference Center in Newton, Iowa. Scholarships may be available upon request.