What We Believe
- No Test of Faith. Many churches have a series of statements of belief that are called a creed. Their membership requires accepting this creed. We don’t have one. Our statement of belief is simple, “I believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and I accept him as my personal Lord and Savior.”
- One Book – the Bible. The Bible contains the story of the relationship between God and humankind. Although written by many human authors, we recognize God as its ultimate author, and as such, the Bible plays a central role in our faith and our lives.
- You are Invited to the Table. Every time we gather together for worship the story of Jesus’ last holiday meal with his followers is told and experienced. This story reminds us of how Jesus died on the cross, rose to life, and how he invites us to follow him. You do not have to be a member of our church to participate in this meal. All who believe in Jesus are invited to partake.
- Churches Working Together. We want to overcome differences among Christian faith groups. We recognize Jesus Christ as the one who unites us. We are associated with the National Council of Churches and World Council of Churches.
- Congregational and Individual Freedom. We believe each person is independently responsible for his or her own relationship with God. Yet, we also recognize the importance of living out faith in community. We can learn a lot from each other. We trust the guidance of God’s Spirit in this process and we use the Bible as our source for conversation.
- God Works through all People. Any Christian can care for the sick, love their neighbor, lead a small group, serve in the church and community. We believe the people of the church are Jesus’ hands and feet in the world.
- Learn more about Disciples of Christ:
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in USA & Canada – http://disciples.org
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the Upper Midwest - http://www.uppermidwestcc.org/
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Congo - http://www.globalministries.org/africa/partners/di...
Share this page: What We Believe